my dad had thanksgiving dinner at his house guess what?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Nov 25, 2010.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    they did not invite any of his kids. only my step moms family.i found out when i called over there to wish them a happy thanksgiving and heard a ton of people in the back ground laughing and talking . I am ticked off. and hurt

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't blame you. Hoping he was just thoughtless. Maybe he thought you had other plans?

3. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    Quote:hugs sweetie [​IMG]

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] thats not right. [​IMG]:hugs

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Hope you had a nice day with your own family. Dad was very thoughtless. I doubt I would call him on any other holidays,but some people have more patience with these types.Hugs and wishing you better days ahead.

7. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Wow. I'd certainly ask him what was up, and let him know how you feel. I'd be very hurt.

8. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    my step sister was there and she steals from them all the time and they know it but she is more important to them than his own kids. my sister is in the hospital from a bad car accident that happened 6 weeks ago and he rarely calls her unless someone tells him she would like for him to call he more often, then he will call once and not call again until one of us tells him again. i think its my step mom... really.

9. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Did your dad even know if you had plans? Does the step mom not understand the children means all the children, not just hers? I hope someone visited your sis in the hospital today.

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How sad a 'father' forgot his own children during the holidays. At least you did the right thing by calling him. Shows you are a bigger person than he. What ever you do-don't turn into him. I hope your sister is doing well. 6 weeks in the hospital? Bless her. She must be haveing a difficult time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by