1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my dad is divorcing my step mom

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Dec 14, 2010.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    a little back ground . when he divorced my mom he was fixing to retire so he moved us with my mom to his familys property ... he divorced my mom behind her back . told the judge she cheated on him and abandoned him and all 3 kids that were still at home. my mom found out because my aunt told my oldest sister and my sister called her crying because my mom didnt tell her. so my mom had to take him back to court and redo the divorce. he could have went to jail but for some reason the judge didnt send him...

I got a call last night from my step mom last night and she was crying . my dad filed for divorce and she didnt know it. got her removed from the home. now he is telling everyone she was cheating on him... I have trouble believing that. cause of the way he did my mom... I know for a fact my mother never ever cheated on him. that he was the one cheating on her. we have proof ... I think the way he is going about this is wrong. I dont care for my step mom all that much but on this I am on her side. I know my dad too well... I advised my stepmom to get her a good lawyer. aparently my step mom is afraid of my dad... he said he wanted to kill her and her daughter her daughters kids but the only reason he didnt do it is because he didnt want to go to jail. so my step mom is afraid for her life. and yes my dad has an abusive side to him. he used to beat my mom and sometimes his kids(but not often) ... I dont think he has ever hit my step mom. I know he yells at her alot. at 38 sometimes I am afraid of my dad. something has happened this past year that he has gotten worse. i know he has been having alot of mini strokes lately and the cannot figure out why.

I am now not wanting to be around my dad since he is acting like a major nut case. I told my step mom I will be here for her. I go to church with her. and yes we have had our problems but now I am thinking it was much more my dad then her. please pray that he doesnt do something to hurt her or her family. cause i really believe he can.

2. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    You need to tell her that she needs to go to the courthouse and get a protective order immediately. Tell her to tell them she was threatened by him and that he threatened her kids lives as well. She has to tell them that she is Afraid for her life and her kids life, so that they will put out a restraining order immediately without her having to pay for it. They will not come get him, but they will if he comes around and she reports it. People are crazy now a days, so I wouldn't wait. If you are afraid of him at 38, imagine how she feels when she was his wife. [​IMG]

3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Definitely a good case for a protection order. I would keep my distance from him. I'm really sorry.

4. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    my step mom was taking care of all that today and she got her self a lawyer. I am staying away from my dad as much as possible. I have enough stuff in my life right now to deal with...

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Honestly.. I would just stay out of the whole deal.

6. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    I am so sorry you and yours are going through this. I had 3 step mothers. I dearly loved the first one and then the last 2 were quite awful!

Anyway, if your Dad has had a bunch of mini strokes he may, indeed, be a nut job. Your stepmother may need to ask for a competency hearing.

7. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

chixie hon, you need a vacation [​IMG]

8. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    chixie I dont know how old you are but if you are considered a youth or a minor then you need to go to your school counselor. Tell someone who can help you with this and make sure you are protected. If your dad is having mini strokes than he may not be able to look after you (or himself) properly.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG] I believe Chixie is a granny..
    So i think she'll be safe.. [​IMG]

10. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG] I believe Chixie is a granny..
    So i think she'll be safe.. [​IMG]

Chixie is 38 I believe, still young though [​IMG] I'm 38, so I must keep believing that is young!

Just keep yourself safe, and be there for her as much as you can without putting yourself and your family in harms way. I think maybe your Dad needs to talk to a Professional. Maybe there is some underlying condition, or it just might be the way he is.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by