My dad just ran over Baby

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Trophamus, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Trophamus

Trophamus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Nottingham, UK
    So my dad calls up to me "im afraid one of your chickens has died"
    "well, which one?"
    "one of the grey ones" so i think its an auracauna and go downstairs, he said it was just laying there in the middle of the drive so he moved it to the side, i take one look and realize it wasn't an araucana but Baby my gorgous blue brahma who is about 12 weeks old [​IMG] she was my favorite chick at the moment. I turn here head and realize it was squished, my dad had just been out and picked my brother up in the car, so of course i realize, my dad managed to RUN OVER my favourate chicken [​IMG] how is that even possible!?!? so of course im mad at him because iv never got a chick like her out of my rooster before, she was almost lavander in colour and had golden lacing down her back, she was really pretty [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  2. kasey08

kasey08 Aunt Kasey's Farm

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    aww sorry about your chicken but dont be mad at your dad he didnt mean to [​IMG]

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:This ... and I'm sorry. [​IMG]

4. Trophamus

Apr 22, 2010
    Nottingham, UK
    thanks, and yeah i know he didn't mean to but he shows no sign of remorse at all which bugs me [​IMG]

5. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry for your loss.[​IMG]

6. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    [​IMG] sorry for ya loss. thats why i dont have favorite. well i do but i dont say it out loud. when i did bobcat ate everyone i said was my favorite. sorry once again. [​IMG]

7. Trophamus

Apr 22, 2010
    Nottingham, UK
    thanks [​IMG] wow a bobcat?that sucks!

8. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    yea n hes still gettin em to.

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Sorry for your loss, but chickens should be smart enough to get out of the way of a moving car. Mine will be inches from the car when I move it, but they get out of the way. Are you sure she was run over? If her head was run over, it would be more than just slightly squished, it would be pancake flat and bloody. Something else might have gotten her and a dead bird laying on cement can end up with a "squished" side. So don't be too harsh on your dad.

10. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:I read somewhere that chickens almost NEVER get run over. That is really odd.
    I'm very sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by