My Dad just reminded me.....grrrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, May 2, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Talked to my Dad a little while ago. He reminded yet again that I wasn't born a boy! And that "I" ruined my Mom's chance of giving him a son.
    Yes Dad, I know I'm a female and have been for 46 years.
    Yes, I'm sorry too that Mom hemorrhaged when I was born and couldn't have any more children.
    Can we please let this go now??????????? [​IMG]

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Why do you talk to such toxic people???

Sounds like he has issues, and it's NOT your fault.

3. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Why does he need a son?

Isn't one loving daughter enough?, doesnt matter anyways. He has to deal what hand he was dealt instead of moping about it and pointing fingers at people, and be blessed he has you at all!

4. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

How is your gender your fault? It's his chromosone (sp) that decides that anyway...right?

try to shrug off what h e said. you are who you are, and that's perfectly and exactly who you are supposed to be!

5. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Technically and biologically speaking...his half of the equation made you a girl.

I'm sorry. Parent issues are hard.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Tell him to get over it so that he doesn't die a bitter old man.

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    When I moved to Arkansas five years ago and away from my entire toxic family back east, I drew a line in the sand. I felt I was plenty old enough at 41 to decide how I wanted to live my life without being reminded of all my failures (from my Dad) and told how to conduct every tiny part of my life (from my 4 older sisters). My sisters still insist on crossing that line, so I have pretty much ceased communications with them; unless it concerns my Dad. However, my Dad is still my Dad no matter how much of a disappointment I am to him.
    I guess I should be thankful I still have a dad at all and that he's in good health for his age. Still it is frustrating to talk to him. At least he didn't bring up the subject of me not being able to talk PE in high school again. It was actually a pretty good conversation, except for the "boy" part. Maybe he's learning.

8. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:Very well said.

He should be grateful for the wonderful and thoughtful person you turned out to be. I have seen your caring posts here. You have helped me out on more than one occasion, and once you were the only one who cared enough to answer.

Take a deep breath and exhale his words away!!! Far away!! I too made a decision to move away from my "family". All I have left is a sister and she was a very toxic person to have in my life. Best choice I ever made. Many people don't understand, but I had too.

9. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:Absolutely. We are under no obligation to communicate with such people, relative or not.

10. Debi214

Debi214 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    I feel for you.........it sucks really bad to have relatives (especially a father) that really don't care about you. My father decided that he needed a new family when I was 8 and left myself, my mom and 5 year old sister to fend for ourselves. He went ahead and had 3 sons and let me tell you those 3 sons don't much care about him at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by