My Dad`s "bad" eggs? LMAO

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 1FastFlamingo, Jan 16, 2011.

1. 1FastFlamingo

1FastFlamingo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2010
    Brevard County, Florida
    [​IMG] Well, the past 2 weeks, I have been trying to figure out what was "bad" with 2 out of the 6 eggs I recently gave him. What a hoot! I asked him this evening, and he told me. Apparently, the supposed bag eggs simply had a dark yolk compared to the others! And here I am, wondering if he got a blood egg, or one with meat spots or something! Sounds to me that he got a pair of healthy eggs! BTW, hes been used to white store bought eggs for a long time! LMAO!

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    LOL! My parents think that my free-range eggs taste a little funny too. "Too eggy," is what my sister told me...[​IMG]

3. peep this

peep this Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2010
    my grandmother has been loving the fresh eggs my grandpa thinks they look weird lol [​IMG] my father wouldnt eat any for a week i love them

4. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Don't you just hate it when your eggs come out too fresh? [​IMG]

5. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    I have gotten the 'too eggy' excuse too. And our home raised beef was 'too beefy'. [​IMG]

6. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:You home raise beef? EPIC! [​IMG] I'm still only at chickens because I live too close to the city. But boy, i'd really like to try something "Too beefy".....[​IMG]

7. Welsummer Rancher

Welsummer Rancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Longview, Texas
    Mmmm, I LOVE the rich, full flavor of "too eggy" fresh cackleberries. [​IMG]

8. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    Quote:[​IMG]

I hope I can remember to use that one!

9. 1FastFlamingo

1FastFlamingo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2010
    Brevard County, Florida
    [​IMG] HAhaha! You and me both Bockbock! cackleberries... that`s awesome! LMAO!

10. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

My husband used to refuse to eat anything but store-bought white eggs. Even the brown store-bought eggs freaked him out. When our hens started laying, he wouldn't eat the eggs. His reasoning was you don't know what the free-ranged hens are eating but you know where the store-bought eggs come from. [​IMG] He now realizes the opposite is true and loves our hens' eggs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by