My Dad said there was a problem with his gift, but we don't understand

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I asked my dad (who lives in Florida) what he wanted for Christmas. I wasn't really surprised when he asked for a bottle of Old Spice, even though I think he must have the world's biggest stockpile of Old Spice.

All the store had (in the original scent) was gift sets, a bottle of the aftershave and a deodorant. We bought him two. I didn't check em out before wrapping and mailing them.

Dad called me today because the package had arrived. He said there was a problem. I'm thinking oh no, they got busted, even though I used an entire roll of bubble wrap. No, Dad said the bottles had been "tapped". I asked him to explain. He said one bottle was only half full and the other was mostly empty.

I can't for the life of me figure out how that happened. The packages looked fine and like they had never been opened when I bought them. I asked if maybe they had spilled in the box, but he said no.

What the heck?
hu.gif

I told DH I would be tempted to mention it to the store manager the next time we are in town, but he has already thrown away the receipt.

Anyone ever have anything like this happen?

Just makes me feel bad ya know? I wanted Dad to be happy with his gifts, not get a disappointment.
sad.png

AWe, i am sure your dad still is happy and its the thought that counts. i would still mention it to the store where you bought it from. if they are a good store, they will have you pick out another one for free.
once at our grocery store, i bough butter, you know the stick kind, that has 4 in a package. well i am one day, opening it up, only to find 3 (one was missing). I thought, for the price of this butter, yeah im going to mention it. I spend a ton of money at this grocery store. So i did and got another butter. Sometimes companys have minor flaws in shorting us, i just hope everything we all buy ends up like this.

Well the one thing I can be happy about is that Dad really liked the card. I couldn't find one to send that I really liked, but DH found one to send Dad that literally brought tears to my eyes reading it.
smile.png

I've had that happen on an airplane - something about bottles in an unpressurized cargo area??? However if that were the case the package would be damp and smelling of Old Spice.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom