My Daddy lost his battle with Cancer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lilshadow, Dec 26, 2008.

1. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    My dad went home on Dec 19 2008. He lost his battle with lung cancer. It has been a very stressful time for me, and my family. I was called home on Dec 7th because my dad took a turn for the worst. I drove from MN to TN in record time. I am happy for my dad because he did suffer so with this cancer, I felt so helpless because I couldn't make his pain go away. I am home now, just got home today. So needless to say the holiday's are not the same for me. Last year I lost my father-in-law 3 days before Christmas, and this year I lost my dad 6 days before Christmas. I hope that every has had a great Holiday.
    Veronica

2. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so sorry for your loss.

3. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine the sorrow.
    [​IMG] to you.

4. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    I'm so sorry for your loss. God Bless. [​IMG]

Mary

5. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

My prayers are with you, Veronica. Be strong, and find comfort in the knowledge that your Dad is in a much better place.

6. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    That makes me so sad. Lung cancer is a horrible horrible disease and i'm sorry it took your dad. My mom passed from it five years ago. [​IMG]

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i am so very sorry for your loss...i just lost my uncle this month also to cancer..its so hard....my thoughts are with you and yours...[​IMG]...

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm sorry for your losses at this time or any other time of the year. It's not easy no matter when it happens but in this instance it sounds like you and he were ready for it. ((((((((((( hugs )))))))))) to you and your family.
    Kat

9. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Oh My I am so sorry for your loss I truly am, believe me I know, I feel, and I more than understand your pain. You will always miss him, and they say the hurt gets easier. I just lost my dear daddy on Oct.17th this year and I am having a tough time getting used to my loss as well. By the way my dad lived in Tennessee also! Feel free to pm me if you need to chat! I am here!

10. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Am so sorry & sending you mental hugs & prayers--he is out of pain & at peace now & that's good,--hope that 2009 brings you peace. The day will come when you can remember your lost ones with a smile & not tears.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by