My daily egg...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by farmguycitygirl, Sep 7, 2012.

1. farmguycitygirl

farmguycitygirl In the Brooder

Apr 24, 2012
    Round Rock, Texas
    This is a bit of an odd one. For me.

I have one of my chickens (RIR) laying an egg every day. Since she started laying, she hasn't missed a day. She hops in her box at 8:40 to 8:50am and is done by 9:30 or so, rain or shine, without fail. She hasn't taken a day off yet.

The conventional wisdom on the forums is "every 25 hours" and I'm sat here with my comedic brain working overtime. Am I working her too hard? Do I have an OCD chicken? Do the other chickens thing she's just a bit strange?

Is 25 hours just an average? What's the range? Anyone got a cute graph?

2. BeulahBreezes

BeulahBreezes Songster

Mar 31, 2012
    Western NY
    I have 2 RIR's who started in August to lay. They lay 6 out of 7 days! And always at the same time of day......

3. farmguycitygirl

farmguycitygirl In the Brooder

Apr 24, 2012
    Round Rock, Texas
    That's more like what I expected. This RIR has laid an egg daily for three weeks without a break.

City Girl thinks maybe she's just really happy and content... [​IMG]

We;re due for a cold snap in the high 80s next week, to break this string of 100+ days, so let's see if a temperature drop makes a difference.

4. BeulahBreezes

BeulahBreezes Songster

Mar 31, 2012
    Western NY
    "We;re due for a cold snap in the high 80s next week, to break this string of 100+ days, so let's see if a temperature drop makes a difference."....
    [email protected] a 'cold snap'!!!!!!!!! Its certainly been one HOT summer 4 sure!! ~ Beulah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: