my daughter accidently Bumped Hatching eggs on lockdown

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BlueBirdChick, Sep 10, 2010.

1. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    okay my daughter accidently nudged my hatching eggs. and they moved not alot but a little. its like day 21 for them and they are white bobtail quail eggs they look fine i dont see any cracks. Should worry about them hatching now??????

2. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    I don't have experience with quail but with chickens i wouldn't give it a second thought... I've done a lot worse and they have still hatched [​IMG]

Maddie

3. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

They should be fine. Think of the mama setting on the nest of eggs and how much she would be moving them around with her feet and with keeping them warm.

4. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    No point in worrying. It won't improve your hatch. Trust me. I've tried.

If the egg didn't crack, I'm sure everything is just fine. When the first eggs hatch, the chicks really knock around the other eggs, and they still hatch as well.

Anything that was going to hatch will probably still hatch.

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Like they say about quail eggs,... they'll hatch sitting NEXT to the incubator. They are safe! [​IMG]

6. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]:hugs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks you guys [​IMG] pheww i feel alot better and I will let my daughter know shes only six and is worried , but I told her its okay and that I know it was a accident. Thankyou [​IMG]

7. Sir Birdaholic

Uh oh, isn't hatch day for your quail day 19?

Sorry for the panic attack. I looked on my chart . 23-24 days. WHEW, sorry again. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
  8. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    their bobwhite lol no panic attacks allowed hehehehe. Breath birdaholic breath hehehehheee [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thanks for your concern though hehehehee [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Sir Birdaholic

HAPPY HATCHING!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by