1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My daughter is selling Girl Scout Cookies...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by perched, Jan 11, 2011.

1. perched

perched Out Of The Brooder

Hi there! Does anyone have ideas for some unique ways for me to help her sell them? We've sold some to friends and family, but we can sell until the 28th and I'd like to help her earn a prize. Any suggestions are appreciated! We're out in a rural area, so we probably won't go door to door. The cookies come in at the end of February. Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. goldenluver

goldenluver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    years ago we got permission from a local bank to stand outside their doors to sell to their customers as they were leaving. fridays are paydays so that was the day to do it. we were the second top seller in the cub scout that year.

3. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Try and sell at stores, school, church...etc. where ever there is a lot of people. You know your area best. Pick some afternoons 2-3 hours to try and sell at one of the busy people places.

Good luck!

4. perched

Quote:fridays are definitely good days for that idea! thanks!

5. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Some troops here collect money to send cookies to soldiers overseas. You don't have to give them enough to buy a whole box, whatever you wish to donate is accepted. Often people can't afford to buy a whole box for themselves, or they have dietary restrictions and can't have cookies. But they are glad to donate a dollar or more to help our soldiers.

Could your daughter do this and also have it count towards her sales?

Also, see if your feed store will let her sell outside. It's not like anything they have for sale, and customers might be in the mood for a sweet treat. Maybe you could bring some of your chickens to attract more attention!

6. perched

Quote:thanks!
    Ok, so since the cookies don't come in until the end of February, we would take orders and payments now and then have contact info. so we can deliver them weeks later. Do people go for paying up front? This is our first year doing this, and so far, we've only sold to people we know, so we won't be collecting money from them until we deliver the cookies. What do you think?[​IMG]

7. perched

Quote:These are great ideas! Thank you!

8. crazy goose lover

crazy goose lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Athens Illinois
    My daughter has her girl scout gold award. I sold cookies for 14 years. My experience is they sell themselves. Just get the word out by mouth that you have them and people will come looking for you. Have never had a year that people didn't say afterwards, Oh I wish I had know you were selling. Get the word out that you have them. Post signs around with your contact information and people will come to you. Remember you have to deliver them so don't go too crazy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by