My daughter is showing slikies in 4H, need some help. Pics.

juliemom25

Songster
11 Years
Apr 4, 2009
The first 2 pictures are of the same bird. It is about 4 1/2months old. It is either a splash or blue silkie. We are pretty sure it is also a rooster. Would that change whether or not it cordinates (color wise) with the hens?

iPodpictures6-17-114-h417.jpg

iPodpictures6-17-114-h416.jpg

The next two pictures are also the same bird. It is either a white or ????. All of our silkies are "show quality" from two different breeders I found here on BYC. We have no clue if it is a rooster or a hen. It is also around 4 1/2 months old. We only bought blue, splash, white and partridge.

iPodpictures6-17-114-h415.jpg

iPodpictures6-17-114-h414.jpg

Thank you so much!!

Julie

I am rusty on my colors but the roo kinda reminds me of a cuckoo silkie, and the hen looks like self blue/lavender, but again I am rusty on my colors so I would wait for someone who is more knowledgeable to ID them.
smile.png

Not lavender, lavender should be an even color throughout the body. Not have a dark head and light body. That looks more like someone was trying to work on porcelain.

The pics are not great for telling color but he almost looks like a gray.

I'm not convinced that the 2nd bird is female--look at how all the crest feathers go backwards. Not convinced it is male, either, but just not quite sure. I agree that the first is likely grey. Or possibly blue grey?

Back
Top Bottom