1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My daughter took a hard spill....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Break an Egg, May 16, 2008.

1. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    My baby girl was outside with my mom's dogs and they got excited and the big dog knocked my daughter's feet out from under her.

She fell hard and fast onto the concrete on her forehead.

She is okay, but she has a puncture on her forehead from what had to be a rock. I feel so bad.

It happened really fast and it was an accident, but I can get over the horror of it all.

I know she is okay but all of these "what if"s are popping into my head, everything bad imaginable.

[​IMG]

2. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Oh that's the worst when our little ones get hurt!!![​IMG]

She'll be ok Mom!!!!! Just give her extra cuddles and love for the next couple of days....it will make her and YOU feel better!!

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    It is always scarry when they fall and hit their head. Just watch her for a while and soon your nerves will settle. Accidents happen all the time and as much as we'd like to we can't prevent them all. It is not your fault!

4. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I bought her some ice cream and watched her fav movie with her.

She forgot all about it all.
    I think I'm definitely taking it harder than she is.

5. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That's ususally the way it is. They recover and we sit and worry.

6. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thanks for putting my mind at ease.
    No more playing with the dogs outside.[​IMG]

7. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Sorry to hear that. But things happen sometimes, unfortunately. I hope she feels better.

But I can say when I was 10yrs old, I was playing tag with a friend in the lobby of his apartment building. I didn't have my shoes on and I accidentally stepped on a 1 inch bolt sticking out of the floor. And I screamed my head off. [​IMG]
    I hobbled to my step mom for help and comfort. But the half inch puncture wound healed back to normal, caught it on the bottom of my heel.

8. M.J

M.J Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Maryland
    she is probably just fine even though it is scary

like when i was about six or seven i learned how to ride a bike with out training wheels and lets just say my brother decided that in a day a learning how to ride was also the time to learn how to jump my bike off a ramp so i being stupid and wanting to follow my brother did it and fell & i wasn't wearing a helmet and hit a rock on the back of the head. so i went back up to the house and my dad was totaly scared for my hair was covered in blood but i was fine

9. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:These things happen and no playing with the dogs isn't the cure as it may never happen again. Maybe monitor where she plays with them so it's not on the cement but, don't over react-you could end up making her afraid of dogs instead.

10. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Kids are a lot tougher than we give them credit for... Sounds like she is fine, so just take a deep breath and relax!!

With 4 babies in less than 6 years, we've had a lot of those moments...

I've had kids eat soap, fall and break an arm on a scooter, one got his finger sewn into the sewing machine (don't ask) [​IMG] and we almost lost one at the store one time.

A bump and scrape on the head that she's already forgotten about is just part of life.

Glad that 'alls well that ends well'!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by