1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Day just doesn't start

Discussion in 'Geese' started by NicoleRook, Mar 17, 2013.

1. NicoleRook

NicoleRook Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2013
    Lake Community, NJ
    My day doesn't start until I hear the local geese happily honking as they stroll through my yard. :)

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I love it when the Canada geese fly over our home in the mornings and eve. such a beautiful sight. [​IMG]

3. NicoleRook

Mar 9, 2013
    Lake Community, NJ
    The ones at the lake are all white and don't seem to fly, they just wander around the yards waiting to be fed. We have three in particaular that enjoy waiting to go through our compost garden for scraps. I have seen canadian ones on occassion, but I think someone released these years ago and they multiplied. My neighbor throws out feed daily and it's cool to see them all walk to her house at feeding time. The local ducks have learned to take their turn.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Thats so nice when homeowners don't mind them being there, most of the time we hear the opposite they hate the mess and want them gone. Glad you all enjoy them. Be sure to feed them good quality feed if your going to give them food, bread is not that good for them.

5. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    NicoleRook, your post makes me so happy

6. NicoleRook

Mar 9, 2013
    Lake Community, NJ
    They often enjoy my compost vegie scraps. Its their special treat. I know people complain, but my response is....well you choose to live in a lake community, what did you expect....lol

7. NicoleRook

Mar 9, 2013
    Lake Community, NJ
    Gotta love the Geese :) I know my family does.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by