My Delaware eggs from Shortcake are here!! 6 broken, could cry!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DutchChicky, Mar 25, 2009.

1. DutchChicky

DutchChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2008
    S.Jersey
    So finally my eggs are here from shortcake1806.
    Been wanting these eggs for more than a half year now, but due to some personal problems had to cancell my order last year. Now I finally got some money and ordered, and Tracy was SO nice and cool to work with. But of course you can't trust the Post Office!!! Seriously I could cry. She send 13 from wich 6 are broken!!! WHY oh WHY are these people so rough with the packages?!?!?
    They are not just cracked a little either, but really badly damaged, so I can assume that the ones that aren't broken, have had a bad time of it and might not develop.
    Oh wel, the risk off shipping!
    The next time I'm flying!!
    The thing about flying is , you go thru security and then the eggs need to go thru the x-ray. Might not be a good idea either!
    I'll be driving , what is a 7 1/2 hour drive , right??!?
    Well Let's just hope , the 7 left will develop into those beautiffull Delaware chickens that Tracy has. One rooster and 6 hens
    Sounds good right?!?
    I'm sending some good thought to the little unborn ones!!

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    a great tip my mail lady gave me (who is fabulous, btw) is to have the shipper write on the box (all sides):

'Perishable', 'Do Not Freeze' & 'Fragile'.

every box i have had marked like this has arrived in mint condition.

sorry that your PO experience was not so good! [​IMG]

3. DutchChicky

DutchChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2008
    S.Jersey
    Tracy did a good job shipping them, on every side it said FRAGILE and Hatching EGGS. Every egg was induvidually wrapped in bubble wrap!
    Just think it got slammed in with other packages.
    Like I said , if nothing comes out of the 7 left, Tracy has to expect a visit [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by