My "Demon Dog" with HIS chickens :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I snapped some cute pictures of Monica, my Dark Brahma, and my Pit Bull named Tommy hanging out together [​IMG] Tommy has a love affair with his Kong toy as you can see! Also, he never bothers any of the girls and if anything he gives them a respectful amount of distance.

Munk and Joon on their silk pillow
    [​IMG]

Tommy and Monica
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then he started rolling his Kong in the dirt lol
    [​IMG]

And hunting squirrels
    [​IMG]

Monica got VERY insulted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tommy continued hunting squirrels. He had almost got one here, knocked it off the fence but the side of the house has a bunch of wood and stuff so Tommy couldn't run well enough to keep up.
    [​IMG]

Phoebe and Butternut watching the action play out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tommy, and Monica
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Munk and Joon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    OOH--a viscious killer! [​IMG] Just kidding! He is adoreable, and you've got some pretty hens there too! I have a little pom I can't trust AT ALL around the chickens, and he's just a little guy! Your dog looks like a happy, sweetie-pie!

Thanks for sharing!

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Thanks for giving me my biggest smiles yet today! Lovely bunch you've got there! Tommy looks like a real sweetie, and so do your ladies. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Awww! They all look so happy! [​IMG]

6. codymax2

codymax2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Liverpool, NY
    I have a horribly viscious dog to he's a rottie!!![​IMG] If we give cheerio's or something in front of him he drools but won't even try to take a lick!! He is very "respectful" (Uhhm SCARED) of the girls , big baby!! It's not the breed just the owner!

7. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thank you all! I love my Tommy Mush, he is a great dog, very very smart and easy to train. And yep that Rottie looks hungry for some KFC! LOL I had a rottie x lab mix who was a great dog too, with chickens also.

I feel very fortunate to be able to control my dog's prey drive, and he loves going with me to let the girls out or put them in bed for the night. And if he hears a hawk scream or call he is at the back door, hackles raised. He learned quick that when hawks are overhead all the chickens dissapear, so he is a good hawk deterrent! [​IMG] I live by the delta so we have lots of hawks but luckily I have not had trouble yet [​IMG]

8. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Beautiful chickens! I think Tommy needs to meet Sharky!

9. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    OH NO nobody told you people - Pit Bulls and rotties KILL children and chickens ---- [​IMG]

I am the owner of the worlds softest German Shepherd Dogs - they do not bark when the door bell rings --- they love everyone - and have no ideal the breed is a Watch Dog killer breed..

Love the pictures [​IMG]

10. gordonburrito

gordonburrito Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Mid-Missouri
    It looks like Joon has fully recovered from her pox. Your chickens are adorable as always.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by