My depression came back

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by KikiDeAnime, Oct 18, 2019.

1. KikiDeAnime

KikiDeAnime Songster

Dec 29, 2017
    Battle Ground, WA
    My depression has returned and the doctor gave me pills to take to help with it but I won't actually be taking them. I don't trust any anti-depressant pills as they cause people to have suicidal thoughts anyway.

My cat named Nyx knows something's off with me and has been more cuddly than ever. She won't leave my side at all.
    I've been sleeping more often than I usually do and feel bad that the chickens and ducks aren't getting taken care of as they should. I think they also know something's wrong because one of them stood by my side while I was sitting on a chair watching them walk around the yard.

Don't worry, I would never kill myself though. I would rather live as long as I can and I hope to live to be over 100 years old even though it's not possible.

2. ValerieJ

ValerieJ Crossing the Road

Jul 24, 2016
    Washington State
    It is definitely possible to live past 100 these days. Don't think I would want to, but it's possible.

If you don't want to take anti-depressants, have you considered going to a therapist?

3. FathertoFeathers

FathertoFeathers Songster

Aug 26, 2019
    Tennessee
    Hey man I know what you're feeling. When I was 14 my depression got the worst its ever been. I won't go into full details to spare you time and tears but I know what your going through. If you ever need to talk im here for you. I hope you feel better man.

4. Suedan

Suedan Songster

Sep 18, 2019
    Maryland
    Sending hugs to you! :hugs

5. Suedan

Suedan Songster

Sep 18, 2019
    Maryland
    Hi! How are you? :)

6. tripletfeb

tripletfeb Songster

I sincerely hope you get the help you need to get better. Do you have anyone close to you that you can talk to? I will be praying for you, may God Bless You.:hugs

7. BarnhartChickens98

BarnhartChickens98 Crowing

Oct 28, 2018
    Manhiem, Pennnsylvania
    Praying for you!:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

drumstick diva, puffypoo and ValerieJ like this.
  8. Daphne_loves_mealworms

Daphne_loves_mealworms Crowing

May 13, 2018
    Vermont
    I very much hope that you are able to find relief soon. I also struggle with depression and can relate to currently not being able to provide the best life possible for those I care for (I get the important stuff done, but that’s just about it, lately, and that drains every last bit of my energy). Is there anyone you can ask for help with the animal care for now? More importantly, I very much hope you have a support system for YOU. If there is any way in which I can help, let me know. Please know that you are not alone. Take care :hugs

9. GLoucesterChick

GLoucesterChick Chirping

Aug 28, 2019
    Gloucester MA
    I'm sorry you are feeling this way. :hugs:hugs:hugs Do you have someone to talk to, a therapist? Be kind to yourself!

10. GodofPecking

GodofPecking Songster

Dec 16, 2015
    This is probably the most important message that people in your situation can get.

I did a search for " documentary how ssri kill children " and I guess there is not one documentary, but a Tsunami of them. Enough said on that front if you take a look. I think the one I saw was Overpill.

Anyhow I realized I had dodged a bullet by deciding not to take anything commercial, and I investigated a flower called St Johns wort, thousands of years old, with thousands of years of positive feedback so to speak.

Internet is acting up now, I wonder if what I type is triggering some censorship filter ?

Anyhow, I can't take painkillers or any medication that makes me feel different, drunk, sluggish, lightheaded, you name it if it effects me and I can feel it, I can't take it. Strangely St Johns Wort has nothing I can feel at all, I cannot tell I have taken it at all. You'd swear its not working as a result if you knew no better. The only way to detect it is on the days I take it, I'm up and out in the yard doing things, without it I'm in front of the tv/computer all day long. Thats it, thats all. It's an up and out and about flower and it works according to all non-industry funded studies. It is the prescription of choice in many European countries.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: