My Design - suggestions/feedback

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Plough, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Plough

Plough Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2013
    San Jose, Ca
    I'm hopefully in the later end of designing my coop and was looking for any suggestions or feedback.

The door is not not finalized on the design as I'm hoping to find a nice windowed salvage on craigslist. Other then that, the only part that I think might be confusing is on the inner run area. To access the coop proper Im going to have a pull down door (the large semi circle, and the smaller semicircle will be a trap so I can easily scrape bedding out that will latch in the open position when in use.

Thank you in advance for any feedback, and feel free to ask any questions about the design.

Side View-

[​IMG]

Top View-

[​IMG]

Run Sketch/Rough Draft-

[​IMG]

2. Plough

Nov 30, 2013
    San Jose, Ca
    I forgot to mention that the inner run/coop will be walled, and the run will be wire.

3. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    Dimensions?

4. Plough

Nov 30, 2013
    San Jose, Ca
    The scale of it is each square is 4"

The whole structure will be 16'4" x 6'8" and there is further dimensions on the images.

5. Plough

Nov 30, 2013
    San Jose, Ca
    Progress so far

19 DEC 13 - Start

[​IMG]

12 JAN 14 - Because of the preexisting fence and the location I wanted it to be I had to build 2 of the walls paint them and move them in to position as a whole unit. Was a bit heavy so I had to throw a party with friends. They ended up calling it a "Barn Raising BBQ."

[​IMG]

14 JAN 14 - After the BBQ, I could resume major framing.

[​IMG]

20 JAN 14- Had to source more materials, bought a door and a window off Craigslist.

[​IMG]

21 JAN 14 - Actually looking like a full structure now that most of the exterior is on.

[​IMG]

6. Plough

Nov 30, 2013
    San Jose, Ca
    Finally getting there after a hiatus of about a month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by