My DH is in love .....

chickengirlnm

Songster
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
clovis, new mexico
Ok last night DH was on computer looking up breeds of chickens ( not something he has ever done before ) anyway he went to privett's website where we got our last group of chicks and saw some frizzle banties - he loves them !! but since they cost a little more than he thought he wants me to call about the "rainbow package" it says we will get a mix of all kinds of banties including sebrights,polish,frizzle,silkies,and a few others I dont know the breed just by looking at. each bird will be around 1.86 but we have to order like 25 !!
He now wants to down size the bigger birds and get mostly banties !!
The craziset thing of all is he wants me to call privett today to see if they are still shipping birds, we just talked about this last week and he said that new birds were out this time because the cost of building a fence for the dogs would be to much.
I dont know where my other DH is but I like this new one better LOL
So I guess I will be downsizing my flock to make room for DH's new love. I will be keeping some of my favorites in the big girls.

** CARA ** dont worry your girls will still be here for you.

Julie

What ever bit your DH send it to my house LOL my husband needs to be bit by that bug. I have been wanting some ducks and last night I asked DH what ones he thought were the prettiest. He said no way no ducks
barnie.gif
DD wants some silkies same response from DH. Boy is he going to be surprised next spring LOL
gig.gif
gig.gif

I have been looking for the bug that bite him so I can breed it and send it to everyone but cant seem to find the little bugger !!
Dh was the one that wanted ducks here. We saw a box of them at the feed store around easter - he saw how cute they were I saw what a mess they were LOL we ended up leaving with 2 baby ducklings - we now have three and looking to get another female this spring !

As soon as I find the " we need more chickens bug " I will let everyone know LOL

Julie

It must be the air? My DH last night told his mom I got chickens she about blew a gaskett telling him how horriablly sinky and loud they are going to be.

He actually defended me and told her that she is a city person that does not know the "True facts about chickens." Then started telling her all about how wonderful they are to have!! Did I mention our's still have not started laying so he has not ever had fresh eggs yet.

I could hear her ask what other animals I will be getting next, he as a joke told her a goat. I shook my head and told him no I wanted more chickens and he said "Oh thats fine with me."
ep.gif

Now I guess I have to tell him I need another coop... LOL

Does your DH help with the chickens? mine will NOT hold them, but if I am holding one he will pet it and he loves to rub my rooster around his comb and wattles ( he says he like how it feels - the roo loves the rubbing so it is a win-win )
my DH helped build the coop, he will feed them and give them water and he does go into the chicken yard he will even clean the coop/duck pond and loves to gather eggs.
But he has always said that having chickens was my idea and they are not his thing.
I guess the longer we have them- they are slowly becoming his thing.

Julie

Quote:
Weeellllll, he built a coop so that was a HUGE help
big_smile.png
If he is outside working he will talk to whoever is around his feet or sitting on him.

He was working on our sprinklers the other evening and two girls were sitting in his lap. He had a very in depth conversation with them about the plumbing situation and the earthworms he was handing to them from the hole he dug! LOL

He actually the other night locked them up for me. I did not even ask him to do it. I try not to ask him to help out with them since it was my idea and he was not to happy about me getting them in the first place. It is changing here though. I think it helps that all of his friend's think it is really cool that we have them. So he as well is warming up to them and the idea of having them.

Lisa

Last edited:
Chickengirlnm...You set that bug here didn't you. My DH asked last night where we were going to put the new coop! What we are getting a new coop I said and he said well yeah you and the girls are going to start hatching eggs right,we'll need to put up another coop for them,I was thinking the back yard.
ep.gif
What happened just a few days ago he was saying no way to any new poultry. And last night he was talking to my girls in the brooder telling them how fast they are growing and asking them Which one of you is my roo.(my roo) Has he been secretly on this forum LOL He has never said roo before.

That bug must be going around!Last week DH let me get 2 showgirls, 8 ducks, and an order from ideal for 20 ducks. Our two ducks just started laying and he was literally MAD at me cause I beat him to picking up the two eggs. LOL! He too was against it at first. Now he does ALL the feeding (all I get to do is the water) and builds the stuff for them. Its so funny...he even claimed someof them!

It's so funny. We got one of those yellow dome school incubator things on e bay last night. You can only hatch like 3 eggs in them and DH was looking through my chicken breed book to see what kind of eggs he'd like to hatch LOL if the hatching goes well maybe I can get a bigger one.
fl.gif

This bug is definitely going around the country.
DH has recently been showing off my latest additions and saying how cute they are.
He was very surprised to learn that I am packing the bator up for the winter after my last set hatches on the 21st.
He just assumed I would continue hatching!
I have bantams for myself but he liked BR so I got some when I ordered so DH would have something he liked for all the hard work he put into building my pens, but the other night he said the prettiest chickens I had were the cochin roos -- not even the BR rooster!
And to top it all, he said if he could manage to get Saturday off, he could get some wood here to start on the next set of pens!!
th.gif

We've needed a few more pens for a while now but we are self employed and work has been extremely slow.

I don't know who this new guy is now but I sure like him and hope he decides to stick around for a while!!

Back
Top Bottom