My dog ate my chicks diarrhea!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Gardenpig, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Gardenpig

Gardenpig Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    OC
    My dog just ate my chicks diarrhea!!! [​IMG] I just turned around to get a napkin and wipe and I see my dog lap up the diarrhea and run off!!! Is that ok??![​IMG]

2. chickenbarn-gal

chickenbarn-gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Probably, unless the chickens are sick or something! [​IMG] but most dogs usually eat their own. How big is the dog? If he's big then he will be less likely to get a stomachache! [​IMG]
    But, Hahaha! Thats funny! [​IMG] I'm sure everything will be fine!!

3. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Dogs LOVE chicken poop, in any way, shape or form; it's like dog candy to them. Mine have never been hurt by it. I had one dog who ate dog poop, and I finally broke him of that, but both of mine love chicken poo. (and deer poo, and cat poo...) I gave up worrying about it. When I told my vet what they did, she just smiled and said she'd have to check them for coccidiosis some day (she was joking).

4. Nostalchic

Nostalchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Chicken poo of just about any consistency is about the yummiest thing ever according to my dogs, who will follow them around just to catch it as it's freshly "laid". It's totally disgusting, but it seems to be pretty universally agreed on among all the dogs I know, chicken poop is delicious! I would try to get used to it if I were you... (ETA: I didn't mean get used to eating it yourself! Just that the dogs are going to...)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  5. myminicooper

myminicooper Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    San Fernando Valley
    my dog likes to eat random cat poop....She has yet to find the chicken poop, but I'm sure it will be on her hit list once she does. [​IMG]

6. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

my dog eats the chicken, horse, and cow crap. i yell at him everytime, but he still does it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    When I lived in Oregon, I had a friend drive down from Seattle to visit. She brought her dog. The dog is used to Seattle duck poo and it was just ho-hum to her.

When they got to my place, you would thunk the dog was a starving person at an all-you-can-eat buffet!

Goose Poo!!!! Chicken Poo!!!! Oregon Duck Poo!!!!
    [​IMG]

The dog was in heaven.

When they were driving home, all that poo caused quite the gas emisions.
    It was dead winter and my friend couldn't open the windows and the heater just made it worse.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by