My dog died today

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickendiva25, Jul 25, 2011.

1. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

Today, one of our family members died. Yes, he might've been a dog but he was just like Family in my opinion. He was so sweet, and loving. We (As in my family and I) would go sit on our porch and talk, Ozzie would come up and put his head on our laps, or lay at our feet. He practicly never misbehaved (On rare, rare occasion he would.) and would always listen and do what he was told. When my mom was pregnant with my younger brother, she would walk over to my Aunts house (Which is next door to ours) Ozzie would walk with her to make sure she was safe. He would sit with me when I laid in the grass to read, and always greeted me with a doggie kiss. He listened to me when I cried, and put up with me when I was mad.

Quite while ago now, we went on a little trip to a town not but a few miles from our house in the country. I was little then, so I kept asking my daddy where we were going. Eventually, we pulled into this small house in the suburbs, that looked like it was having a garage sale. From what I remember, Ozzie was quite shy then and kind of avoided us at first. I don't remember alot of it, so I'm just oing to say we took him home and named him Ozzie. He was our Ozzie dog, Oswald, and a big moose. There isn't much more to say other than that he was an amazing dog, and shall always have a special place in my heart.

R.I.P Ozzie dog, ya big moose. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I just had to have my dog put down on the 21st. [​IMG] Hang in there. So sorry for your loss.

3. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] I'm sorry for your loss.

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I'm so very sorry for your loss.[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

The worst thing is, is that he was my dad's dog, and he's gone right now. [​IMG] My dad's a Merchant Marine.

6. Abirdbrain

Abirdbrain Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I have had the Honor of being partnered with several animals, that I appreciated more than their human counterparts. They are gone, but live on in our memories. I miss them.

I bid you peace in your world.

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] May Ozzie rest in peace. [​IMG]

8. DinosRBirds

DinosRBirds Hunted by Moonlight

Feb 1, 2011
    Lake Huron,MI
    [​IMG] You know what im gonna say, but i will anyway, sorry for your loss!!!!!![​IMG]

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    So very sorry, [​IMG]

They leave a big hole in our hearts, try to fill the hole with good memories.

10. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    OMG terrible!! So sorry!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by