My dog has a Bot Fly!! *Pics page 3*

Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Crowing
14 Years
Jul 8, 2008
Washington State
My 10 year old Papillon, Zeke had what i thought was a developing hotspot about two days ago. I clipped down the skin, noting a very raised red area. Yesterday checked on it, cleaned it and noticed a small hole in the top of the raised area. Checked again today to find oozing fluid, what shocked me was the fluid kept receeding back into the hole on its own. Thats when I suspected a bot fly..sure enough.

Click on Picture to play the video --Graphic!

Last edited:
Now...what are you gonna do about it?
big_smile.png

It's at a very early stage. I saw the head poking out and it is very very small. I will wait to do anything for now because I want to make sure I can remove the whole thing, otherwise I will have to go "fishing" in the hole to get it out, causing more pain. It is SOO nasty!

If you use it at all, it's probably better to do it while the grub is still small so that the body can easily expel it. Otherwise, having a dead and rotting bug under the skin might cause a bigger infection. I'm no expert on these matters so do the research yourself, I would just think that such would be the case.

I am doing research, and this one is too small right now for me to remove it without having to make the hole bigger...I will wait until it is a bit larger so I can remove it through the breathing hole in one peice.

Back
Top Bottom