My dog has a eye injury!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by BookWorm243, Jul 6, 2011.

1. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    We out our girl out to use the bathroom before bed and I went to let her in and she wasn't waiting at the door. I went our and found her sitting in the dirt ( not like her at all! ) I went to pet her on the head and she yelped, she was also shaking really bad. I picked her up and brought her in the house, I found out it's her eye. It took a while to get a look at it but her eye looks like it is pushed in the back of her head. The tissue around her eye is red and swollen. She is in her crate resting right now it took about 20 minutes to get her to calm down. What should I do for her? All the vets are closed [​IMG]

2. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    isn't there an emergency vet somewhere...call your vet and see if they have an emergency message or number
    poor puppy

3. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    Quote:Do you have an emergency vet anywhere near you? I'd check to see if any are open at night.

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Definitely the emergency vet. Eyes go downhill very quickly.

5. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    There's an emergency vet in Asheville Allabout.

6. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Quote:one in Wilmington, too

7. BookWorm243

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    There is one about an hour and a half away, I called and no one answered. We are in a smaller town so none of the vets are open this late. She is out of her crate and is sleeping in the kitchen. She is also blinking alot. I feel so bad for her, do you think she did this or something did it to her? I went over and was talking to her and she actually wagged her tail a little.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  8. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    The one in Asheville is closer, and they are alwaays open. I've taken my dog to them a few times and they are very good. I wouldn't procrastinate too much, eyes can be lost easily.

9. BookWorm243

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Thanks Em just googled directions [​IMG]

10. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Quote:Where in NC are you? Any where near me? Because I know a few vets, that have emergancy numbers, I used to have them in my contacts in my phone but I don't have that phone anymore [​IMG] But I'd be more than happy to look up their numbers for you again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by