My dog has Diarrhea :( help!

AhBee01

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
yo. ohio
It started Sunday early morning, and today she had an accident in her crate while I was away.
She seems fine other than that. We went on a camping trip we thought maybe people fed her more people food than she is used to.
She is still eating and drinking, and wants to play with her buddy that comes over.
I was wondering if there is anything I could give her to stop it, she is a black lab a year old and is more than 70lbs.
TIA,
Brenda

I would tend to think if it was something she ate over the weekend, she should be over that by now. Make sure she gets plenty of water. I would not let it go on too much longer and I would take her to my vet.

Good luck.

Withhold ALL food for 24 hours, only offering water. Re-introduce food in multiple small meals a few hours apart. If she continues to have diarrhea after 24 hrs then cart her off to the doctor. Some bacteria in the gut can call for more potent meds than anything OTC you could try.

hi..dogs can have "Kaopectate" for diarrhea..they say...1/2 -to 1 teaspoon per 5 pounds of body weight, to a maximum of 2 Tablespoons..every 8 hours.....also..they can have "Pepto-Bismol"..1/2-1 tsp. per every 5 pounds, to a max of 2 Tbsp...up to 3x aday...or 1 tablet per 15 pounds..up to 3 x per day.....good luck..

I use canned or fresh cooked pumpkin to help my dogs when they have it. I talked to my vet about it and she agree's that it is a good way to add fiber quickly. If it doesn't go away after a few days then talk to your vet. I have a dog wit IBD and pumpkin gets him back on track.

..hi redfeathers..i always heard that canned pumpkin works for consipation, to make them go to the bathroom??..maybe i'm mistaken??.(MOST LIKLEY mistaken!
hmm.png
)....does anyone else here know about canned pumpkin(now i'm curious..
smile.png
)?..Wendy

It works both ways believe it or not. It's the amount of fiber in the pumpkin that does the trick. I usually just have to deal with a looser stool with my dogs though...which is really nasty because they have such long hair....ugh...lots of middle of the night baths.
roll.png

Just don't over do it. Start with about 1/4 cup for a larger dog

Last edited:
...thanks for the information..
smile.png
..appreciate it...LOL...yeah..middle of the night baths can not be fun!
hmm.png
...thnaks again, Wendy

Back
Top Bottom