My dog is a jerk...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by holliewould, Aug 11, 2008.

1. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    I love my dog and all, but for being a Rottie he's a big wuss. He hates the rain, and especially hates getting his paws on wet grass. So what does he do?!?!? He ran from the shed where he hangs out to the chicken coop only to take a big dump. I mean c'mon. It's been raining here all day so now I know for sure he'll do the same thing tomorrow while I'm at work. And I can't leave my coop closed during the day. I just hope my chickens aren't offended or anything. Importantly, I hope they don't think I was the one who did the duke. Jeese!

I literally have dragged this 100lb. dog outside after a good rain, and before I got him to the grass he did his business in the middle of the street. Embarrassing. Anyway, I had to share this bit of info. for some odd reason. Thanks for listening!

2. SproutGirl

SproutGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Missoula, Montana
    Our dog is the same way. Hates water. Hates mud. Scared of thunder. We call him Mr. Prissy Paws when we take him for a hike because he tip-toes around mud puddles so he won't get his paws dirty! He'll hold his business all night if it's raining, and whine and fart something awful! Sometimes for fun, we throw his ball into the empty bathtub just to see him spaz out about wanting to get the ball, but not wanting to go near the tub to get it out--even though there is no water in it and he has never had a bath in that tub. It's a really good show, and it makes for a good laugh. Dumb dogs! You gotta love 'em though!
    [​IMG]

3. holliewould

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Quote:Hahaha that's so funny. It's so strange, my dog will roll in a dead animal on the side of the road, but won't get his precious paws wet. Weird. Thanks for the laugh!

4. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    I can only imagine how many people will post the same stories...

I am no different... Try having four of them doing the "doggie I have to go outside, but mommy it's raining and thundering"... My lord - what pampered little devils they are!

For the BYC'r that said his/hers will hold it all night farting and whinning - lucky you and count your blessings! Unless I kennel all of mine in situations like rainy nights, I have a pooh-pa-luza cleaning party when I wake up and one can crap a Lincoln Log Set!

At least they hit the back door rug when this happens. [​IMG]

I've even go out with an unbrella thinking that will help... Nope... What is a mommy to do?

I can't wait to read everyone else's stories.

5. holliewould

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Quote:Oh my that's so vivid. Hilarious. Hahaha ...Well not really, but objectively it is! [​IMG]

6. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    O my this is to funny in a gross sort of way...my dogs are fine in the rain and the snow...its the heat...they will go to the diningroom where no one can see them and poop I have a malamute 120lbs so BIG poops..but to top it all off the little dog will smell it and go and poop too cause if one dog does it so does the other and they look at me like ..but mom its to hot out...talk about spolied dogs lovin the central air [​IMG]

7. holliewould

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Quote:Oh man that's bad. Yer dogs are simply rotten! Rotten! Haha. This rainy season i kicked my dog out of the house for the next couple of months. I mean it would be different if he was a scared little rat dog or something. But his junk is too much. No mas! No mas, so outside for rainy season he is. Living in the shed and crapping in the coop. I feel for ya mjsdhs. I really do because your dog is bigger them me! That's a mess!

8. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Our female pit bull, sasha, is terrified of any loud noises. On the 4th of july she hides under our bed. During thunderstorms she won't go outside to pee, she'll do it on the floor. It makes me soooo freakin mad!!!!!! She's the sweetest dog I've ever seen in my life, but God is she a wuss!!!

9. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    Our last dog (a Westie) was our "diva". "Are you kidding, you want me to....get wet....get muddy....walk through 1/2 inch of snow.... brave the wild predators in a suburban (fenced) backyard....go in the dark?" He was known to share the cat box, (much to the cat's chagrin!), but most often we would find his gifts at the top of the stairs....obviously too scared to descend into the dark.

10. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    My dogs dont like to get their feet wet either, though they WILL go because they have learned the sooner they go, the sooner they get back in where its dry![​IMG] They dont much care for dew on the grass and prance around giving me dirty looks as I watch from the door at 5 or 6 am.[​IMG] LOL, if someone would have told me a big chow cross could "prance" I would have just laughed...but not anymore!!
    My fiance brought his dog and his dog refused to even go out in the rain, ended up having an accident in the house. He wanted to know how I got mine to go so quickly. Like I said, the longer they take, the wetter they get!!! I can be just as obstinate as they are when not wanting to clean up a mess,lol. Of course that only flies in the summer when its warm rain but it becomes habit so I dont have problems in the cooler weather either.
    Bluh. Dog crapping in the chicken coop, I dont envy you.[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by