My dog is sick! I think?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by mychickensneaky, Mar 11, 2013.

1. mychickensneaky

mychickensneaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    Rescue ca
    I really don't know what to say but my dog pukes her food up. I got an anatolian guard dog to protect my chickens. She is 1 year old. She is very playful and shows no symptoms of a sickeness besides she pukes like every other day. And has a runny nose I think? Someone told me dogs were suppost to have a wet nose? Could she have worms? I saw 1 worm in her poop. But that was the first time I saw a worm in her poop. I'm taking her to the vet soon but would appreciate some advice from you guys too.
    Thanks

2. chickenlady099

chickenlady099 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2013
    antelope, california
    she most likely has worms or if not worms she probably ate somethin bad

3. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    When you take her to the vet, bring a fecal sample with you, that way the Vet can do a fecal test and see what worms are in there and medicate accordingly. Good luck!

4. SteelMagnolia

SteelMagnolia Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2013
    Kentucky
    I would say she has worms and agree with Peaches. Vets always want a recent fecal test when it comes to these sort of things. Did you take her to the vet?

5. mychickensneaky

mychickensneaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    Rescue ca
    Y ea I did take her to the vet. They said she had an allergy to eggs and stuff but I stoped feeding her that and she still pukes. Not as much I don't think but she still pukes.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  6. Mini Madness

Mini Madness Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2013
    Athens Ga
    You could go to tractor supply and get dog/pup safeguard in packets. Comes with 3 packets give 1 each day for 3 days. I would change to a grain free food as well. 4health is good at trac supply and pure balance at Walmart. If any feed allergies it can take up to 12wks to notice improvement. Try some benadrly 2x day this may help 1 tablet per 22lb

7. slbenter

slbenter Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2013
    Some dogs are just pukey. [​IMG]

I had 3 standard poodles....every single one of them would puke up a bit of bile in the morning. Giving them a small dog cookie helped, but one of them would still get sick once in awhile.
    As they got older, it lessend quite a bit.

8. SteelMagnolia

SteelMagnolia Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2013
    Kentucky
    One of my corgis went through a puking phase for a while and threw up everything. It didn't matter what it was. But he checked out fine every time I would take him to the vet and eventually he was fine. Could your dog possibly be getting into food or (like my dogs) eat bugs and weird stuff? If not, she may just have a sensitive stomach and you could try a sensitive food. I've also heard that pumpkin and yogurt is good for dogs with sensitive stomachs.

9. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

I agree with Mini Madness! Maybe you could try getting some pills for your dog. Make sure you get the pills from your vet so you know they are the right kind!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  10. Mini Madness

Mini Madness Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2013
    Athens Ga
    A lot of dogs are allergic to eggs! Read lable carefully to make sure no eggs. Sometimes it can take awhile for it to get out of their system.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by