My dog is so funny (W/ pic)...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chickerdoodle13, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    We bring him inside the house during the winter so he doesn't have to stay in the cold garage. He loves being inside, but he is only allowed in the kitchen since he sheds so much. Typically we have dog gates up at both entrances to the kitchen, but when my mom leaves my dad takes one of them down since they are a pain int he neck to go over all the time. Dalton (our dog) Knows he is not allowed outside the kitchen, so instead he lays down right outside the entrance. I guess he still gets the satisfaction from being outside the kitchen, but knows he won't get in too much trouble if he sleeps there! [​IMG] That dog is always making me laugh.

Here's a picture of the monster:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    what a good boy!

3. twister

twister Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Mississippi
    gorgeous dog! red heeler?

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks! Yep, he is a red heeler, but sometimes he looks more blue and sometimes more red depending on the season. He's more of a working bred cattle dog than one bred for type. We picked him up from a little cow farm down the road from where we live for $100. Couldn't ask for a better farm dog!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    He's very handsome. [​IMG]

6. Appytaz

Appytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    Awesome Pictures! The snow looks so beautiful and clean!!

Here in FL all we have today is rain and humidity!

7. BirdMom

BirdMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    Oh, he's beautiful! And yeah, they can be really funny dogs! We've got two blue heelers and they're always making us laugh. They know exactly what you want them to do and how much they can get away with.

He looks like maybe he's almost a tri-color, having some blue and some red, and he's got the Bentley mark, that white splotch on his forehead. Good breeding there. [​IMG]

Love that pic of him rolling in the snow. That's exactly what ours did the other day when we got a dusting of snow. They ran right out and starting rolling in it, soooo happy!

8. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    They are SOOOO happy when they get to hang with their pack!

9. phoenixmama

phoenixmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Aww...he's having a ball! I love cattle dog types...I think they are super cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by