1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My dog is so smart

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Cheri, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    He kept jumping the fence. We got new nieghbors and he wanted to help them move in, lick their faces and generally get to know them.....Well he is big. He is a German/Australian shepard. To keep him from jumping the fence we chained him up. OOO I hated it. We did this for two weeks letting him off occasionally but the minute he jumped the fence back went on the chain. I think he figured it out. He has been unchained for 24 hours and has not left the yard yet. [​IMG] Momma is proud of her big boy!

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awwwww, thats great. Im glad he is learning. I too hate to chain up a dog...but sometimes a person HAS to do whatever measures necessary to keep our beloved dogs safe. ( and the nabors) LOL

3. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    And once again he is in the yard. Last night this family (they walk everynight with dogs) walked by and he stayed in the yard. We gave him hugs and a lot of good boys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by