My dog just used my chickens as toys, need new ones now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdgirl

Songster
10 Years
Mar 18, 2009
Indiana
I think I need to buy some more now. I don't think they will survive the night. They look like turkens now(poor things). well anyways I think they were isa browns. so I would like those but in not any brown egg layer will do. Prefer pullets and close to Huntington IN.

Hi welcome to BYC.

I am sorry this happened?
How did it happen?
Where is dog now?
Are the next babies you get going to be safe?

Unless you are looking for play things for your dog, it might be beneficial to add such information to your post.

smile.png

Oh gosh NO I dont want my pup to keep doing that! I love my chickens. I have since I was 3. well thats as far as I can remember. I think my daughter let her out and I didn't know it until it was too late. As of right now they are still alive. But seeing is I don't have peroxide and dont want to kill them myself. I'm letting nature take its course. I know thats wrong but I don't know what else to do.

I'm sorry that you had to find your chickens in that condition. I hope that they survive and you are able to get birds too.

Suzy

hugs.gif

some times just the shock kills them....warm them up good and they might be ok.....my weenie dog permitted would eat my chicks....sometimes I hold a chick in my hand and show it to him and he smells it and takes a bite at it.....

you might do well to make a safer environment for your chickens, and learn some basic medical care for them before you take on more chicks, at least for their sake.

thank you all for replying, and as far as I'm concerned I thought it was a good liviung invrionment. I built a 10X12 shed for just those two and I let them run outside when it's warm out. I feed the best and ofcourse fresh water everyday. More if its hot out or freezing. I really love them and try to do the best I can. I even buy birdseed for a snack for them. They love that, plus I think it makes their feather shineier. My dog is only 4 months old. And I didn't catch her doing it other then she wouldn't come when I called. So I figured she did something bad. I thought she was doing good too.
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom