My dog vs. my 8 month Black Star.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by E. Buzz Miller, May 5, 2011.

1. E. Buzz Miller

E. Buzz Miller Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Cottonwood Heights, Utah
    Since I brought the 3 hens home a month ago & knew it was going to be a chore to get my 10 yr. old Border Collie/Healer to accept the new residents of the backyard. She has slowly come to accept them as she sits calmly with in 10ft. while the girls roam around the yard. But I still don't totally trust her. Well today after I got home, I was doing some yardwork & let them out to roam. A few minutes later I saw one of the hens scatter & the oldest "Woody" was face to face with the dog with her wings out ready to give my dog all she could handle. My dog just got about a foot away & from the looks of it, thought better of coming any closer & layed back down. I think she got the message & it looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship. [​IMG]

b.

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    I wish mine would fight back, but they just fly away and start screaming, then that upsets the guineas who relentless scream until the dog is 78098560 feet away... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by