My dog was dog-napped --almost

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickengirlnm, Nov 5, 2007.

1. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    Ok i just dont understand people anymore--
    I have been having a good day cleaning house , had my music playing - you know just a good day.
    I heard the dogs outside making alot of fussing so I went to window to see what the deal was when I saw a young man- guessing on age 16-20ish near the fence - well I was about to open window to ask him to leave dogs alone when he grabbed my brindle boxer by the back of her neck and pulled her right out of the yard I yelled for him to leave her alone - he took off running and of course my goober dog started to run also I am running out the front without shoes on to try and look for her I did not want to yellher name ( did not want this person to know that ) but I had no choice I yelled and heard and saw nothing - so I go back into house to get shoes and when I opened the door there she was waiting for me to let her in- she runs into house wagging her little nub tail acting all playful - what a goof ball !! I called police to make a report, but of course there is nothing they can about it anyway.
    When I moved here my biggest concern was about my chickens because of all the loose dogs/cats in neighborhood I never dreamed i would have to watch out for the dogs!!

to make matters worse we just had this girl breed - thank god it is still very very early in a possible preg. I dont think there will be any trama to any pups.
    So this spring we are planning to rebuild the fence and we are going to putting up a wooden privacy fence and adding a hotwire along the bottom to keep dogs from digging just in case ! and reusing the wire fencing to build on to chicken yard to give them more room.

just glad she is home - put still upset about the idea of almost losing her- i needed to vent alittle.

here is a pic of my almost dognapped girl Abbey

[​IMG]

julie

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Sound like that twerp is trying to use her as a bait in pit bull fighting ring or wanted to have a pit bull dog himself. We get those kind of kids and young men doing that to boxers, rotts and pit bull and bull dog puppies. The younger the better they like them.

Better put some kind of ID thing on her in case she gets dog-napped again.

3. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    I'm glad everything worked out ok. Things like that are really scary. That's why I'm glad we live back in the woods, and don't have to worry about it. Hopefully you won't have anymore problems. [​IMG]

4. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    Quote:Or better yet get her chipped, I think it's only $20 to get it done. That way it can't be removed like a collar and tag.

5. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Oh Geeeeze!!! So glad you got her back and she is beautiful!

6. FutureChickenMan

FutureChickenMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
  7. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    That is one of my worst nightmares. I couldn't imagine losing an animal and not ever knowing what happened. Thank goodness you got her back!

8. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    Shes so cute! Glad you looked out at the right time. [​IMG] Some people are such jerks! Happy to see shes safe at home now. Pretty bad when you have to worry about someone stealing your pets.:mad:

9. tarka

tarka New Egg

Nov 4, 2007
    At least the toe rag never got away with her :mad:

10. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    I hope you call the police and give a discription of the young man you saw. There might be others dogs that have been stolen in the area and you could help them find the culprets and maybe even get others dogs back. You might want to get a good lawn chair so you can sit with your dogs while they are out. My sister had a dog stolen and she found her way back after about 3 weeks. She nursed the wounds and once she was healthy again moved her back outside, the people came back and stole her a second time and she didnt come back then. Good luck and keep them safe. Jenn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by