My dogs are dissapearing...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Rainstorm, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    We live way out of town down a long dirt road. Never had problems with our dogs getting stolen before or just dissapearing. Now this year my best dog BJ a black lab/aussie mix dissapeared 3-4 months ago. I think someone might have taken him but I dont have any proof. Now a lil over a week ago my Dalmation/German shep mix has dissapeared. and today is the 3rd day My Cur hasnt come back [​IMG] it isnt normal either. She's always here everyday, Dalmation to

We do have some panthers who roam around but never close to the house and some coyotes a few fields away and an occasional bear. But never close to the house and Never had problems with them before.

Now I only have my catahoula mama dog who's already being rehomed after christmas due to having "to many" dogs. and then I only have my Black lab pup left.

2. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    Um... how about keeping your dogs in a fenced part of your property or tying them up when they're outside?...

Specially after the first one disappeared, I would have been all gung-ho about security!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Aww! I'm so sorry! Are they allowed to roam free? Maybe they are going into peoples yards and people are killing them or taking them to shelters..
    have you called any shelters? Hope you find them.. [​IMG]

4. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:yes they roam free, and theres no one out here but us cept occasional people who come to the land next door cleaning up what the hurricane did a few years ago (yeah their slow) but they know our dogs and never bother them. I called the shelter about my lab a few months back and my dalmation last week. Nothing.

5. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:its hard to fence in places that you cant even walk or go yourself. ALOT of undergrown and such here. and we already tried chaining them once. they either get tangled up or manage to break their collars or slip them off

These are BIG dogs also

6. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    oh dear [​IMG]

it's bad enough when your pets disappear but to not know what happened to them... I can't imagine.

no gators around your place, I hope?

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Seems you have two possibilities:

1 They're bothering someone and they've either been caught and turned into a shelter or dispatched.

2 They're entering the food chain and something ate them (no problems before doesn't mean you aren't having a problem now)

In this economy dogs are getting dumped not stolen.

8. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    These are the ones i've lost. My lab mix few months back, cur, and dal mix

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:yes gators, but they stay to their ditch away from the house and my dogs use the pond when they do decide to go swimming. Though I guess that is a possibility [​IMG]

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:yes gators, but they stay to their ditch away from the house and my dogs use the pond when they do decide to go swimming. Though I guess that is a possibility [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] Ouchie..
    I hope not.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by