My dogs are missing!!! (from Canby Oregon) *Update, pg2*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Cloverleaf Farm, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I just got home from work to discover that my dogs escaped from the yard and are nowhere to be found!! DH can't tell me the last time he heard them bark or anything, so all I know is that they were definitely here when I left for work at 5:00pm, it's now almost 4:00am. When I got home at 2:30, I drove around for almost an hour looking for them/calling for them with no luck at all. Oh, I wish they were big dogs that could defend themselves!! My cattle dog mix could probably do ok, but she's only 35 lbs, and my other dog is a papillon that's only 15#!! I am FREAKING out!!!!! They are both microchipped, but only one of them is wearing a collar, and no tags. (I know, that's my fault).
    And, I have to tell my son when he gets up that his dog is gone...God, I hope we find them! And that they are alive! I feel like I'm gonna puke.

This is LeRoy, the papillon:
    [​IMG]

And Twister: (who has donated blood to save little puppy lives three times)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    Don't give up hope I had a friend loose her papillion in a corn field here in Iowa, lots of coyotes around. He came home a week later!

3. BarbK

BarbK Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2007
    Indiana
    1) Print out fliers with their pics on them. Homeagain has a premade just add pic flyer
    2) Contact local animal control and fill out a missing animal report
    3) Contact ALL vets in the area and let them know you have missing dogs

Keep checking back every 3 days
    Good luck [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  4. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    I am so sorry this has happened! Don't give up hope!

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Call every vet and shelter in the area...if they were found someone prob brought them into the pound. And if they were stolen the vets need to know a description in case someone brings them in for anything.

my pomeranian went missing last year for two weeks...finally found him in a pound.
    Good luck! I sure hope you find them.

6. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    I am so very sorry , you are going through this, Try to keep up hope. do what the others said.
    print out fliers with pics on them, contact all vets in your area, and dog pounds.
    KEEP UP HOPE. [​IMG]

7. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    I hope you find them. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    [​IMG]

I found our two visiting the neighbor's dogs over a mile down the road. They were on the from porch and the neighbor's did not even know they were there!!! I had knocked on the door because I felt weird walking to their steps to retrieve the puppy.

Keep looking and calling.

9. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Knock on some doors. If I found such cuties, I would let them come inside until I found their owners.

10. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    They are on multiple web sites, including the county shelter site. Fliers are all up at all the stores and vet clinics in town. I put fliers in all of my neighbors mail boxes, and handed them out to people walking down the street. My local newspaper will be running an ad this week.

Still no word. Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by