My dogs did it,my side of fence.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by todd walker, Dec 17, 2009.

1. todd walker

todd walker Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2009
    E TX,Mabank
    My problem is my place sat empty for 4 years and the guy that lives in frount of me takes shamefull care of his dogs,birds,cows,ducks well lets just say he has it all and really does not take care of them so they are always coming on my side of the fence for a meal,my dogs are kenneled but when I doing some thing outside they are out with me 8 labs and 3 malinois,and yes they will kill his birds,I've offered to sell him feed at cost(I have a silo and buy feed by the ton)but he does not want to spend money on his birds,my problem is if they get it on my side of the fence it's his fault,I feel bad about it but what can I do,I bought my place for me to enjoy and having my doge with me is part of it. Any ideals??
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    That's a tough one, because it sounds like you have already done well by trying to help him out. They should make all the irresponsible pet owners live in their own town, let the rest of us not have to deal with them [​IMG]

3. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    If he doesn't take care of his animals, it would probably be a blessing to them if you turned him in. If he takes such bad care of his animals, I wouldn't even care what he thought of me for doing it.

4. Plain Old Dee

Plain Old Dee Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2009
    Seminole, OK
    The law requires that he keep his animals on his property. Animals have to be fenced in, not out. If his birds come off of his property, they are outside of his control. If they come on your property and are killed by your dogs while on your property, that's his problem. Now, if while out with you and one of your dogs crosses over onto his property... well, you get the picture. [​IMG]

5. todd walker

todd walker Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2009
    E TX,Mabank
    First problem I think I moved to the city where they all are.I now have a pet donkey just walked into my yard one day,called all the places you should and 3 weeks later cops call me back to see if they need to come out to destroy it,and as far as donkeys go he is good with the dogs so now he is out with the heffers.
    Almost at the point where I do make the call on him.
    I guess my rant is he knows his birds are feeding on my side and dogs are killing them he just don't care.

6. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:Turn him in for animal neglect. If the local PD or sheriff's office won't respond, call your nearest humane society. If that doesn't work, call the press.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by