1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

My dogs love to eat chicken poop!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mrcush, Mar 22, 2015.

1. mrcush

mrcush Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2012
    Southeast Michigan
    I'm not sure if this was the correct section to put this in but I was wondering if anyone else had dogs that love to eat chicken poop? If so, any suggestions on how to at least slow it down? I definitely don't want to keep my chickens locked up but I also don't want my dogs consistently eating chicken poop. Thanks

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Yep mine too [​IMG] . The only way to prevent it is to keep the dogs from having access to the poop. you may be able to teach them not do do it while you are watching, at least.

3. ShellyBear

ShellyBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    5 dogs every day clean the yard of poop I get so frustrated! Though I know they don't have a clue that its bad all they think is it taste good its edible. I would try to clean it up, maybe it will work, and I do close the chickens in though they have a lot of area the issue is they get out when I'm not home and do there business every where. I'm just to old to do the cleaning thing ( actually really young)[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by