My dogs.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Cheri, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I put my lab mix and australian/german shepard mix in the big shed so they wouldn't harras the chickens and I noticed Rufus' head hanging out the window in the shed. He was like "Hey Ma! No hands!" Silly dogs.

2. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    How sweet! All of my dogs have different facial expressions. It's like reading their little minds.

3. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Yeah the other day we had to get after Molly because Dan had one of the boys in his hands and she looked at him like "Oh boy! Dinner!"

4. Judymae

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    You sound like a dog lover so I'm sure you'll like this one--We still have our 5 week old babies in the house. It's because of all the rain! Can't finish the run! Anyways I have a rottie that guards the chickies. She sleeps were she can see them and me. Can't leave my side either. It makes her nervous sometimes to watch both of us when I get up and leave the room! Well I have another large dog Bailey (airedale) that wants to eat the chickies. Shiloh will tackle Bailey to keep her away from the chickies. She gives a warning growl and then she tackles. I love to watch it except for Shiloh has a torn ACL and really shouldn't be tackling right now! I can't keep her from doing this though!

5. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I adore dogs. I almost stole my son's dog because she looks just like my Beanie.

6. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I love dogs. I currently have 4. They always bring a smile to my face.

7. Chickenlover88

Chickenlover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    I have 3 dogs. A boston terrier named Maggie, a Lab x jack russel, and a chow x lab x basset hound x australian shepherd (lol). I love them all SOO much. Maggie loves to swim she is constantly in my pool even when i'm not around it's a good thing she knows how to use the ladder. Gracie my lab x jack is a scaredy cat. She has high prey drive but knows not to bother my chickens or ducks, and Lucy recently learned what leave it means. She was running towards my chickens the other day after she ran past me out of the house and I screamed "leave it" she veered off and sniffed something else I was so proud of her. She has killed my rabbits before in the past so I'm so happy now that I can trust her while i'm supervising.
    Here are my babies.

Maggie, Gracie, and Lucy
    [​IMG]

8. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I tied to let my min pin Outlaw be around the babies but he got to excited and looked at them like one of his toys. So I can't trust him around the chicks. His favorite toy right now is our cat named Whiskey.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    My Min Pin thinks the cats are chew toys, he tries to harass the chickens but they are bigger than he is right now, he is three mths old.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  10. Judymae

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I have a new little pug named Roscoe. I'm so in love. I've only wanted a pug for 10 years. He is spoiled rotten. Here he is while I load the dishwasher. He thinks its his job to double rinse them as I put them in.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by