My door pecking chicken!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ste, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Ste

Ste Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Tracyton, Kitsap, WA
    I have one hen who follows me everywhere when I am outside. Sometimes I think that she thinks she is a dog instead of a chicken [​IMG] So the other day the kids had gone outside to play, left the door open, I turn around and who do I see

[​IMG]

So I try to chase her out and she runs around the table
    [​IMG]

My three year old caught her [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We put her outside and she sat pecking the door wanting back in
    [​IMG]

2. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Doesn't that just crack you up! We have several that would be house chickens if we let them. Good thing they haven't figured out how to use the dog door!!

10 kids!!!! God bless you, you are a busy woman! And my goodness, they are beautiful too!!

3. appleton78

appleton78 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2008
    Hutchinson, MN
    OMGosh....This is too cute! Lovely children!! nice looking hen!

After that, I would be sorely tempted into some of those chicken diapers. [​IMG] My husband could possibly disagree with me however... [​IMG]

She is a lover...your kids are great...and you are blessed...Have fun with your brood!!!

Michele in MN

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL...that is just too sweet!!! Beautiful children, beautiful hen. [​IMG]

5. Ste

Nov 13, 2007
    Tracyton, Kitsap, WA
    Quote:We have a skunk who knows how to use the doggy door :eek: If something gets left infront of the porch up to the second doggy door it comes in the house and traunts on down the hallway to the kitchen!! I have pictures of that to [​IMG]

6. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    We have a skunk who knows how to use the doggy door If something gets left infront of the porch up to the second doggy door it comes in the house and traunts on down the hallway to the kitchen!! I have pictures of that to

[​IMG] I can almost picture you trying to politely coax him out the door without offending him!!!! LOL​

7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    A wild skunk or a pet one???? My mom tells a story of when she was a little girl she mistook a wild skunk for the cat one night and was petting it. She didn't realize until after she went back in the house what had happened... [​IMG] Maybe some skunks just like people [​IMG]

Beautiful kid and hen [​IMG]

8. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Awwww you should have let her stay for dinner. [​IMG]

9. Ste

Nov 13, 2007
    Tracyton, Kitsap, WA
    It was a wild skunk and I didn't try to coax him out at all. I was standing on the counter [​IMG] When the skunk went to take a nap by the high chair we opened the slider to outside and gated the kitchen so it didn't go exploring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by