My Dorkings are here and still hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Zookeeper9000, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Hey all my Dorkings are hatching I started with 14 eggs some pure dorkings and some dorking samatra mixes. So far out of 14 eggs I have 6 pure dorkings and 3 dorking samatra mixes. Of the 5 left in the bator 2 have a pip and 3 are hanging. I am over the moon right now.

In the same bator I have banties out of 13 banties I have 9 out, I have 2 old english the other 7 are EE's and mixes of old english and EE's. I still have the 4 eggs doing nothing in the bator but have hopes for these.

My other bator has buff orp's and buff orp's barred rock mixes. Out of those 18 eggs I have 9 buff orp/barred rock mixes and 7 buff orps and then I have a mystrey chick. It is black with yellow underside and black feathered feet. She has
    Marens, silkies, buff orps, and barred rocks. Could this be a silkie, it is a lot smaller then the others.

I really am happy with my hatches this time. I used local eggs and only have $6 in these hatches. I am still hoping that most of the 10 eggs in the bators hatch but even if they don't I feel I did good.

After this hatch I am hanging up the bators for a while. I will be going to SC sometime in the next 2 months and don't want to be in the middle of hatching when I find I have to leave.

Thanks for letting me share

2. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Congrats! If the mystery chick has black skin it's a silkie. Also look for an extra toe. What are you gonna do with all those babies?

3. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Well what I don't keep I will eat. I know I sound heartless but that is my farm girl coming out in me. Dorkings have 5 toes as well so I will check the little feathered footed one for 5 toes. I know orps don't have 5 toes. Thanks Vamp will watch for a update on your hatch what are ya at now day 8 or 9?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by