my drake mallord is going after me!!! am i doing something wrong???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Kendell, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Kendell

Kendell Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2013
    orange grove, texas
    ever since my female ducks have started laying eggs for the first time, my drake mallord is getting where when i turn my back towards him to get out of pen hell fluff his neck feathers and put his beek down and run alitle at me like he wants to peck my leg... so hopeing im not doing something wrong or if hes being territorial over his females becuase there still breeding... any ideas from anyone why he might be doing this.. i would of expected it from mom duck since she started laying eggs... but its the drake mallord doing it...

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Very normal behavior.

3. Kendell

Kendell Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2013
    orange grove, texas
    yea i thought so, i wasnt very worried about it... when he does it i catch him and hold him and kiss side of his head and the way he looks at me is priceless... i think its funny when he does do it, well becuase he never really attacks me... ducks are awesome to have i enjoy them...

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    My old Muscovy use to do this he'd wait till I turned around and started out the gate then he would put his head down and walk real fast like he was chasing me. Never touched me though. They are cute, I love my drakes

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by