My Drakes are about to get evicted! *Pictures*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LilDucky85, Jan 6, 2010.

1. LilDucky85

LilDucky85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
    Recently my girls started laying and now they are getting picked on! I have 4 drakes, and just 2 girls. I know that I need a few more girls. First only one girl was getting beat up, but now I saw them picking on the other today as well! It's so sad to see them like this. I'm so mad at my drakes right now that I'm about to consider giving a few away! Dont mind how dirty they are. It's embarrassing but its below zero here so they havent really been able to swim!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Need to borrow my boots? Size 9 steel toe...glad to loan them to ya [​IMG]

3. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    That's terrible!! You need to separate her until she heals!! [​IMG]

4. pishposh

pishposh Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2009
    westminster, md
    I had 3 drakes and 3 ducks and when one of my female pekins ended up with a broken wing, all the boys were put on craigslist.

I hope your girls are doing better. you should prob isolate them.

5. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    A big glop of Vaseline on her head might help that to heal and I'd glop the other hen as well. It might keep those boys from nipping on their heads too.

6. LilDucky85

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
    Quote:Perfect fit. lol. Theres that stupid water bucket I mentioned last night that keeps freezing! I tried filling it below that line...yup still frozen! I'm taking the thing back this week and getting a new one.

7. LilDucky85

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
    I will try putting something on it. I wasnt sure what it was at first so I didnt want to mess with it. It seems to be healing pretty fast. See the pink on the edge, thats where she is healing already. She wont be bald there now will she??

Ive been trying to figure out a way to divide them but the way my duck house and run is built its nearly impossible. I could block off half of the duck house but then the girls cant get outside if they want to. I cant alter it that much because its currently blow zero! Check out these pictures of my duck house and run and let me know if you have any ideas. Scroll down to about the middle of the page....
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=281163&p=2

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  8. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Perfect fit. lol. Theres that stupid water bucket I mentioned last night that keeps freezing! I tried filling it below that line...yup still frozen! I'm taking the thing back this week and getting a new one.

Water bucket should be able to do what they claim it does [​IMG] I'd take it back too, and maybe get an upgrade if they have a better one! And charge themn for gas money for havin to make 2 trips!!!! [​IMG]

9. LilDucky85

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois

Water bucket should be able to do what they claim it does [​IMG] I'd take it back too, and maybe get an upgrade if they have a better one! And charge themn for gas money for havin to make 2 trips!!!! [​IMG]

Yeah no kidding! I have to drive 30 mins to this place too. I might threaten them that I will let 2 of my drakes go in their store if they dont! [​IMG]

10. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Water bucket should be able to do what they claim it does [​IMG] I'd take it back too, and maybe get an upgrade if they have a better one! And charge themn for gas money for havin to make 2 trips!!!! [​IMG]

Yeah no kidding! I have to drive 30 mins to this place too. I might threaten them that I will let 2 of my drakes go in their store if they dont! [​IMG]

I wouldn't threaten....I'd do it!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by