My dream dog

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bock, Dec 14, 2011.

1. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21721021

I
    really need to stop looking on petfinder. [​IMG] But I just can't help myself. Of course my parents say we have enough animal, but I am totally smitten with border collies. I dream of rescueing one and doing agility one day, plus it would make a great running buddy! [​IMG] Flower just seems like she would be so perfect, I hope she find a great home! Sugar was the same age when we rescued her, which just makes it extra special. [​IMG] Happy holidays!

2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I work for a shelter (animal services officer), and people come in every day and tell us they wish they could take all of them home. I always tell them they (the animals) don't need you to take them all home. They need you to take just one home. I hope Flower gets a home for the holidays too. [​IMG]

3. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Taking them all home would be a bit much, but I always try to help! I am going to see if I can volunteer at our local shelter this Summer, I think it would be a really great experience.

4. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    i love border collies too. i also want to do agility. i had a chance to adopt one named bella. she was 8 months old and started agility training but at that time we were fostering my dog reese a cocker spaniel lab cross. i didnt like him at first but when he had to leave i couldnt let him go. this lady was going to adopt him. she lived in her parents garage and had a little nonsense zue named muckypoo i scared her off....we adopted him the next day with the money i was saving for 3 yrs to buy a border collie. i dont regret it. i love him and i have started agility training with him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by