my DS and my Silkies (pics)

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
Well here are all my silkies and my greatest hatch my ds. He just loves the new additions they arrived from a fellow BYC member (BamaChicken) this past Wed. I thought they would like a nice romp in the sun for a few before going back to their temporary coop since the weather is finally warming up a bit. I am thinking that these three birds will be my sons first ones for showing if he likes the show in NJ in May and seems like he would like to do it (he is 3 so he may not have any interest at all) . If not they will just be his supper fluffy pets.

and these two are from another BYC member (cdeans) eggs I hatched.

100_1989.jpg

Just wanted to show everybody off
smile.png

Oh how absolutely beautiful (hey, I have three boys, I am allowed to call them beautiful!!! LOL)!!!! Your son and his chickies!!!!! Now THAT is cuteness overload!!! Looks like he just adores them!!!!!

They so cute with your son. I am so glad you got them okay. I hope you do well with showing. Now take another picture in three months or so and let me see them then. Thank you for sharing them. Julie

Quote:
oh the showing is more for experience than anything
big_smile.png
I would not expect to win but with these cuties who knows lol

I will update pics in a few months for sure
smile.png

Thanks again
smile.png

Aaaaaaawwwwwww...how adorable....especially your little boy! What a little sweetie...he looks so happy
lol.png

How old are the Silkies? I am not-so-patiently waiting for my Silkies to fluff up like that
wink.png

they are about 3-4 months old
smile.png
I am told they are no where near done fluffing out yet too!!!

My ds just loves the chickens he is very good with them, once I used a small make-up box (the old suitecase Kind) to bring chicks to his school. Later that day I had left the door unlocked to where I had the ducklings in, and found him putting the last of the 8 ducklings very neatly and gently into the box. I am amazed they never jumped out since he did it one at a time, poor things
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom