My duck are here, so happy! UDDATE PICS PICS!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by r4eboxer, Nov 9, 2011.

1. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    I got a call from the post office and my 6 straight run ducks are here, along with 6 EE hens and 1 ee Roo, (which they incorrectly listed as Americaunas)

Anyway the ducks are so freeking adorable it's not funny. I will post pics as I have not had time to. I ran to get them on my lunch and took them home right to the brooder and ran back to work. But I will get picks tonight.

I am pretty sure my straight run ducks are 3 Cayuga and 3 Blue Sweedish. I just hope I got some females in there. I did request to get some females when placing the order.

I wonder how soon I will be able to tell if I have females. I am off to google photos of male and female Cayugas and Sweedish. Oh I am going to love them up for the next 8 weeks so they run to me when I put them in the pond.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Baby ducks are soooooo adorable [​IMG]

3. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Check out this video about vent sexing from Metzer Farms. If you are gentle you can give it a go anytime. http://www.metzerfarms.com/SexingVideo.cfm?CustID=499147

Other than that, wait for the quacking to start at about 5-6 weeks of age (though I have a duckling now that started quacking at 4 weeks - a baby quack but still a quack!!).

Enjoy your gorgeous new babies!!

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Okay where are the pictures? [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Quote:X2 [​IMG]

6. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    EEk I know I did promise pictures. I meant to get some last night and I was sooo busy. Got home from work at 4 pm and worked my tail off until 9 pm. I got my meal worms yesterday and I had to seperate the chicks and ducks into different brooders and clean the brooder they were in, set up 2 meal worm farms, do my farm chores feed the animals, cook dinner AND THEN as soon as I was going to get some pics my sweet adorable male Lhasa comes sheepishly to my lap and PHEW he had rolled in deer dung so off to the bath he went.

I will run home from work on my lunch and get pics and upload this afternoon. They are so stinking cute! [​IMG]

7. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    [​IMG] super excited! Where did ya get them?

8. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    [​IMG]

Wanna see em.

9. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    me too! me too! [​IMG]

10. DUCKGIRL89