My duck are here, so happy! UDDATE PICS PICS!!

im sorry if I sounded like a know it all
hide.gif
bacause trust me! Im not! Glad to hear its a cayuga! You should get a few more
wink.png
they sell runners at metzer farms! Thats where I got my duckies! Very good hatchery!

Quote:
Heavens no you don't sound like a know it all.! I have only ever had Pekin ducks. I thought I had three cayugas and was just going by bill and feet color. Now that I went down and looked at the ducks again I see a very big difference in the one Cayuga and the two others with black feet and bills. It is smaller for one and the bib is very faint like it is almost not even there.
hugs.gif
I need all the help I can get thanks!

I looked at Metzers yesterday they have the 300's and a few other breeds but no runners. I think there was one breed I put into my cart they were expecting to hatch dec 5th, can't remember the name though but it was a good egg producer. I may just put in an order for females.
idunno.gif

I want eggs so I must have females, I am afraid I am going to have so many males and not enough females out of this group.
Hurry someone talk me into it!!!!

Quote:
Oh my yes I want runners, metzer does not have any available
hit.gif
I have 9 females in my shopping cart right now, 3 khaki Campbell, 3 golden 300's and 3 welsh harlequin it' slim
Pick ins right now

Quote:
I am absolutely captivated by this one little duckling peeking up at you.

Yes, all are adorable. So adorable I have been thrown into duckling blubbering - I want more babies!! Of the larger ducks, Cayugas appeal to me the most. My eight (4 drakes, 4 ducks) Cayugas are such hoots! I also have a pair of call ducks.

Ducklings! Ducklings! Ducklings! Awwwwww!
love.gif

My Runners came from Metzer. They are dorky adolescents now. I added them to my big ducks, but they still regard me as the evil monster who has been the only one to feed them every day of their lives:

88997_cropweedsnbabes.jpg

88997_cropgoodrun.jpg

88997_cropbbsnpink.jpg

I have to decide what kind of ducks the Easter Bunny shall bring next Spring... and what kind of chickies....

Quote:
I am absolutely captivated by this one little duckling peeking up at you.

Yes, all are adorable. So adorable I have been thrown into duckling blubbering - I want more babies!! Of the larger ducks, Cayugas appeal to me the most. My eight (4 drakes, 4 ducks) Cayugas are such hoots! I also have a pair of call ducks.

Ducklings! Ducklings! Ducklings! Awwwwww!
love.gif

Aww I know they are captivating, all of them eye me like that when I peek in the brooder. They are so super cute I wish I had time to just sit and cuddle them. I am TRYING to clean house today but this forum is too dang addictive.

Back
Top Bottom