My duck article is up on the Grit Magazine site!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by iamcuriositycat, Feb 10, 2011.

1. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    http://www.grit.com/animals/livestock/raising-ducks.aspx

The
    print edition is not yet out, but the web edition is up. Check it out! They changed almost NOTHING from my article, so any mistakes are my own, except these two: the boy holding a duck in one photograph is my friend's son, not mine, though I love the kid and would adopt him in a heartbeat; and the picture of ducks on the pond in winter is credited to me but my husband Carey Head is the actual photographer.

Okay gals & guys, critique my work. What did I get wrong?? [​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Im so glad that your article is available onlline. [​IMG]
    It would have been difficult trying to get a copy of the mag over here to read it.

Had a look at the first page.. ( my lunch break here at wok is nearly up or I would have read more ) and it looks great!! Well done to you and I cant wait to get home this afternoon so I can finish reading the rest.

3. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    [​IMG] Great job!

4. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    Great article [​IMG]

5. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

I dont think you could write anything bad !!! seriously !!

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Very good article enjoyed it very much.

7. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Very well done and very comprehensive.

8. iamcuriositycat

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    You guys are awesome! Thank you. [​IMG] I had so much help from these boards, and I've learned even more here since I completed that article (in August 2010). I owe the contents of that article to three things: Dave Holderread, you guys, and experience, in that order. So really, the article is about this wonderful community too.

Thanks for that, and for the support & compliments. [​IMG]

9. iamcuriositycat

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    By the way, I'm glad it's online too--I really didn't know what their policy is on the website content. Some places make you wait a month so print subscribers get the content first. The only reason I even knew it had gone up today is that my blog started getting hits from people seeing my article and clicking through to my blog! [​IMG] I was tickled, and I'm glad it means more people can read it. Most folks here already know everything in there, since it was written for beginners, but I love that you guys think I did a pretty decent job. That means a lot, coming from experts like you!

10. iamcuriositycat

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    I cannot express enough how good the Grit staff is to work with. Guess what? They found this thread & contacted me to let me know they've fixed those two little errors on the website--how cool is that?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by