My duck cant stand she wont eat or drink

Duckydayz

Hatching
Feb 24, 2021
My 7 month old hybrid peking/muskovy started acting strangely yesterday we first thought she was choking on something the way she was drinking. She would fill her mouth then kinda shake her head back and forth. We thought she had rectified the issue herself and went about our business. A few hours later my husband found her laying on her side and she was lethargic. She and her sister slept indoors last nite. Today she seems alert but still won't eat or drink much and still can't stand or walk it seems the right side of her body is not working properly. Her name is Huck she is 7 months old she eats cracked corn and fresh worms bugs and mealworms she lives with her sister and bff Bailey in my backyard where she has 2 smaller sized ponds and a stream . we are currently moving the ponds and making the stream longer and wider. It's very muddy and there are more bugs and things than usual maybe she ate something bad ???? Please help any suggestion or ideas will be helpful also she started laying about 3 weeks ago.

My 7 month old hybrid peking/muskovy started acting strangely yesterday we first thought she was choking on something the way she was drinking. She would fill her mouth then kinda shake her head back and forth. We thought she had rectified the issue herself and went about our business. A few hours later my husband found her laying on her side and she was lethargic. She and her sister slept indoors last nite. Today she seems alert but still won't eat or drink much and still can't stand or walk it seems the right side of her body is not working properly. Her name is Huck she is 7 months old she eats cracked corn and fresh worms bugs and mealworms she lives with her sister and bff Bailey in my backyard where she has 2 smaller sized ponds and a stream . we are currently moving the ponds and making the stream longer and wider. It's very muddy and there are more bugs and things than usual maybe she ate something bad ???? Please help any suggestion or ideas will be helpful also she started laying about 3 weeks ago.
Do you feed them actual duck food?

Well it's my first time and I feed them what the worker at wilco farm store suggested which is basically just cracked corn. Is there something else I should be feeding them?

Could you post a video of the duck?
If she is outside, could you bring her in somewhere warm? After she is warm, try offering her some sugar water, or an electrolyte - if she will not readily drink, drip a few drops along her bill.

I feed them

which is basically just cracked corn

Cracked corn is not a nutritionally complete diet duck for ducks, if you have a feed store near, go and pick up either an All Flock type feed or one formulated specifically for ducks. If she has been cracked corn for a while you may need to slowly introduce pellets into her diet.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/nutrena-naturewise-all-flock-pellet-40-lb-bag

Back
Top Bottom