My duck drools....

kstrickland

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2017
My pekin has just started drooling today. She is making a weird face occasionally like she has something stuck to her tongue or something. Of course, she won't let me see in her mouth.. and she just randomly drools bit only after drinking water...any thoughts

Was it hot?My geese will drool if its gets hot out.Try feeling her neck up and down,Do you feel anything?How does her crop feel?Can you post a video?

Might be a good idea to wrap her in a towel have someone hold her and gently pry open her mouth just to rule out there maybe something stuck in there. I have seen my goose drool after drinking water and a few of my Muscovy's.

Was it hot?My geese will drool if its gets hot out.Try feeling her neck up and down,Do you feel anything?How does her crop feel?Can you post a video?
We are in SE Georgia. It is ALWAYS hot. My concern was that she had never done it before. Her crop feels fine, Nothing seems amiss. ill just see if anything is in her mouth and then just assume that it's because its hot.

Might be a good idea to wrap her in a towel have someone hold her and gently pry open her mouth just to rule out there maybe something stuck in there. I have seen my goose drool after drinking water and a few of my Muscovy's.
Okay, I might just be overthinking it. thank you all for your advice

Back
Top Bottom