My Duck Eggs Are Hatchin............

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Jen4, May 12, 2011.

1. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    [​IMG] I'm so excited... Today makes day 35 since I noticed my duck hen sittin all day on her hidden nest, then a few days later my other duck hen went broody in the coop, so I took 8 eggs from under the shed & put them under the one in the coop... The eggs under the duck hen in the coop are hatchin! They all had pips in them yesterday & the ones under the shed had lots of pips too (none of these have hatched yet). This is soooo cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be hangin in the coop & by the shed today...

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Ahhh, sweet! Looks like you have a friendly hen. [​IMG]

I have two Muscovy hens now broody. One is calm and only squeaks at me while the other will lunge and flap at me. I just added some shipped Muscovy eggs to the newest nest to see if the hen will do the work for me. [​IMG]

3. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Hi Jen~ That's exciting!!!! They are so adorable! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

4. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Thank You Both [​IMG]

I've takin alot more pics. 13-14 duckings have hatched since this morning... they are soooo cute. Only 4 more eggs to go [​IMG]

5. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    So adorable. Muscovies are such beautiful birds and yet it's hard to find hatcheries that sell them. Good luck with the rest of the eggs.[​IMG]

6. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Thank You. They all hatched but 1 egg. So there are 16/17 ducklings all together [​IMG] I've already got 6 sold.

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Congrats on the great hatch. and sweet pictures. my muscovy is sitting too due to hatch first of june. [she is my avatar.] [​IMG]

8. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Thank You Miss Lydia... Good Luck on your hatch, shes a pretty girl. Almost looks like my Scarlett [​IMG] My LuLu (shes white) brought her ducklings out in the barnyard tonight... so cute! I took lots of pics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by