My Duck Eggs Are Rocking Please Answer This!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Daniel_2kaii9, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Daniel_2kaii9

Daniel_2kaii9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    South Wales
    hey, 2 out of 4 of my duck eggs are rocking can i put them in my hatcher now ?

my humidity in my hatcher is 60% and it wont go no higher and i havent really got time to get it up couse these 2 duck eggs could pip at enytime and i cant really put the humidity eny higher couse i got 2 chicken eggs going in the hatcher tomorrow for lockdown

(i didnt know how old the duck eggs were when i had them)

please answer

thanks

Daniel

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Did you collect the eggs and then put them in the bator or transfer them from someones bator to yours?

3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Move them over! Put a huge loosely wadded handful of wet paper towels in there (use hot water) to bump up humidity in a quick way. Then as they dry you can keep wetting them. You can also lay a single paper towel in the middle, leaving a ring of airspace on the wire around it, and the wad will keep it wet. This allows huge surface area for evaporation and a soft surface for the babies.

4. Daniel_2kaii9

Jun 16, 2009
    South Wales
    my father's friends duck was sitting on the eggs and after a week or so he gave them to me & i cant up the humidity loads couse if the humidity gose past about 65% i'll drown the baby chickens in the egg wont i ?

5. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Okay, I'm confused. You have chicken eggs in there too? How far along are they?

I hatch ducklings and chicks together all the time - for the last three days, I keep the humidity at 70-75%. [​IMG]

6. Daniel_2kaii9

Jun 16, 2009
    South Wales
    tomorrow is day 18 for the chicken eggs of so if the humidity gose past 65 it wont drown the baby chickens in the eggs ?

7. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    You don't need to have the chicken eggs in the hatcher yet- do you have 2 separate units? Or is it just one incubator/hatcher. If it's one, I'd go with 60% humidity and spritz the ducks if it looks like they are having issues.

If you have 2 boxes, I'd move the ducks, crank the humidity, and not move the chickens over until late day 19 to give the ducks time to hatch.

8. Daniel_2kaii9

Jun 16, 2009
    South Wales
    i have got 2 plastic tub incubators but i still got 3 duck eggs that are on day 17

i just really quicky candled the 4 duck eggs and 3 of them are trying to get thro the air cell thay have been trying since last night

9. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    If the duck eggs are on day 17...they won't be trying to get in the aircell yet. If they truly are, then they are about to hatch and I would up the humidity. Why not just hatch chickens in the one and the ducks in the other if you have two?

10. Daniel_2kaii9

Jun 16, 2009
    South Wales
    i have 6 duck eggs in my bator and 4 of them i dont know how old thay are and them 4 are trying to get in the air cell the other 2 are on day 17 and my chicken eggs are on day 17

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by