My duck gave me a surprise!

BlueSwede81

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2016
Florida
I have a broody Blue Swedish. She had been sitting on her clutch for a few weeks now and I didn't think anything of it because she's done it before (and nothing hatched). I came out yesterday, and she was tending to a just hatched duckling! So far, three more have hatched. She has more eggs under her so I'm worried about how many more there could be!
ep.gif
The father is a supposedly an Indian Runner, though I think he's mixed with something else so these ducklings are a Heinz 57 haha.

Anyways, I've kept her and the babies separate from the three other ducks I have. I put a little dish of water and some starter feed in with her and I've been letting her do her thing. Are there any suggestions or advice for this situation?

I have a broody Blue Swedish. She had been sitting on her clutch for a few weeks now and I didn't think anything of it because she's done it before (and nothing hatched). I came out yesterday, and she was tending to a just hatched duckling! So far, three more have hatched. She has more eggs under her so I'm worried about how many more there could be!:eek: The father is a supposedly an Indian Runner, though I think he's mixed with something else so these ducklings are a Heinz 57 haha.

Anyways, I've kept her and the babies separate from the three other ducks I have. I put a little dish of water and some starter feed in with her and I've been letting her do her thing. Are there any suggestions or advice for this situation?

Sounds like your doing a good job. No advice from me except please post a picture
1f60d.png
1f495.png
lol :)

Back
Top Bottom