My duck had baby chickens.

SonyaCele

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 7, 2012

About three weeks ago , my son went to collect the eggs and came in with a basket full of eggs complaining that the plymouth rock was on them and wouldn't get up. And i said ooooh no, go put them back! So he did. The next day i asked him to see if she was still sitting, and he came back and said the duck is sitting on them now.

So here is what i have so far, four total. Now i just have to make sure she doesn't take them swimming. I hope a couple ducks hatch, too.

here is Dad, he's a bantee, the moms are normal chickens., so i assume the babies will be mutant banteechickenducks.

Last edited:
Omg, that is adorable! And what a beautiful duck (what breed is she?)! Can't wait to see the rest of the hatchlings! :)

I don't know what kind of duck she is, a dumb ex boyfriend thought i lived in a home for wayward animals so he brought her and her mate home one day and didn't take them when he left. This is her mate, taking a bath this morning. I think they are mixed breeds.

I'll have to keep the chicks out of the water until i can supervise their first and only traumatic swim. I think they have to jump in one time to realize they aren't ducks. We had some chicks we raised with baby ducks do this last year, it was actually pretty funny. And then the baby ducks tried to roost with the chicks. I shouldn't laugh, but they did figure it all out over time.

Back
Top Bottom